Thursday, December 6, 2007

"And the Grammy for Best New Artist goes to...TAYLOR SWIFT!" (Hopefully)

I've been on hiatus recently from maintaining this site, but I've still been keeping tabs on Taylor of course. And I figured today was as good a day as any to begin posting again.

What's so special about this day? Well Taylor was just nominated for a Grammy Award! She's up for Best New Artist against some fierce competition. She will be competing with Amy Winehouse, Ledisi, Paramore, and Feist (by the way, if you haven't caught on to Feist yet, go check her out...she's fantastic!).

As usual, Taylor was her typical cheerful self describing what she was feeling. "I decided to go into today knowing that I would have a good day, whether or not I was nominated," Swift said. "I was just really excited to be in the same room with Fergie and Akon, and then I looked around on that stage, and it looked like my iPod."

There was even more good news for Taylor. "Now this has officially been The Best Day Ever" Taylor said. "My label just told me this morning that my CD is certified double-platinum and I got a huge nomination I didn't even see coming."

The 50th Grammy Awards ceremony will take place from Los Angeles on February 10, 2008. Good luck Taylor!

No comments: